A Spring Navy Yard Weekend Itinerary
Longer days, friendlier weather, and budding trees have us daydreaming about all the springtime activities DC has to offer. Luckily, because of its convenient location in Southeast DC, Insignia on M offers countless warm-weather opportunities within walking distance. To compile just a few of these possibilities into a list, below is an ideal Navy Yard weekend itinerary for spring:
- Check out one of Navy Yards’ many bars and restaurants: As referenced in previous blog posts, one of the many reasons living in Navy Yard is so opportune is the food and drink options. With a range of eateries and bars, both casual and fancy, you’ll have a slew of options to discover when dining out. Make sure to take advantage of outdoor seating options!
- Treat yourself to a much-deserved scoop of Ice Cream Jubilee: Made from all-natural, local cream and milk, a scoop of one of Ice Cream Jubilee’s small-batch, fresh and interesting flavors is the perfect palate cleanser post-dinner. Its southeast location is just a half a mile from Insignia on M, meaning you can enjoy a leisurely stroll home as you enjoy your cup or cone.
- Wake up to the natural light brought to you by your floor to ceiling windows: Or draw those shades and sleep in—you’ve earned it.
- Brunch at one of our favorite neighborhood spots: Because it’s the most important meal of the week. And, of course, Navy Yard has your bottomless options covered. Bring on the mimosas and Bloody Marys!
- Walk off brunch with a stroll along the Anacostia Riverwalk Trail: This continuous 20-mile trail has a wide range of uses, from cycling, to running, to skating and walking. It’s also a great place to relax and people watch in the warm spring air.
- Hang out at the Bullpen: With live music, games, a bar, food trucks, and dogs hot off the grill, this sought after pregame venue opens its gates two hours before every Nationals home game and offers a fun and casual ambiance to enjoy before first pitch.
- Go to a Nats Game: Home games almost every week make baseball an easy Saturday afternoon option. And when you live this close to the stadium it’ll be hard not to become a regular.
- Walk to Eastern Market for breakfast and fresh produce: Eastern Market is rampant with activity and excitement on the weekends, with live music, delicious food, and local flair! The extensive farmers market boasts fresh, seasonal, recently harvested fruits and veggies. And did we mention free samples?
- Supplement your farmers market finds with ingredients from one of the nearby supermarkets: Grabbing groceries can be a chore, but it’s a lot more enjoyable when the store is just minutes from home! Journey to the soon to be Navy Yards Whole Foods or Harris Teeter for last-minute essentials, both of which are just a few blocks from Insignia on M.
- Cook dinner in your state of the art kitchen: Time to put those culinary skills to work with the fresh produce and supermarket finds you picked up earlier. Don’t hesitate to make it a team effort—Insignia’s open-concept makes it easy for multiple cooks to navigate the kitchen.
- Watch the sunset from the Insignia on M rooftop: Need way say more? End your perfect weekend by soaking up the last few drops of it.
Southeast DC offers all these activities and so many more. So don’t hesitate to deviate, do some research, and create your own itinerary as you explore the perks of living in the bustling and beautiful Navy Yard neighborhood!