5 Delicious Cocktails to Drink Poolside This Summer
What is warm weather without a cold drink in hand?
With the opening of our resort-style rooftop pool and June just around the corner, there’s no better way to kick off the summer than with a few cool and delicious seasonal cocktail recipes. And, while classic combinations will never lead you astray, there’s always fun in experimenting with a few tried and true formulas.
So break out your blenders, shakers, and straws— below are some of our favorite takes on a few boozy summertime libations. FYI, they’re best sipped poolside.
- Boozy Orange Julius: This classic mix of orange juice and milk just got an adult twist— and its remarkably simple to make! Just toss the ingredients into a blender, serve, and sip with your toes in the water.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 6-ounce can frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups ice
- 4 oz. vodka
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until slushy.
- Serve immediately.
- Rosé Sorbet: Nothing says summer quite like rosé… or sorbet. Combine the two and you’ve got a warm-weather match made in cocktail heaven.
- 2 cups rosé
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 cups frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- Mint, for serving
- In a small saucepan, combine 1 cup rosé and sugar over medium heat. Bring to a boil, whisking until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- In a blender combine frozen raspberries and 1/2 cup rosé syrup. Blend until smooth. Pour into pan, cover with plastic wrap, and freeze until firm.
- Scoop small portions of sorbet into glass and top with more rosé. Add fresh raspberries and a sprig of mint to each glass.
- Blackberry Mojito: Deemed “the official drink of fun people,” the mojito is a sophisticated option for the devoted rooftop lounger. Just add blackberries and you’ve got a delightful solstice libation.
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- Handful fresh mint leaves
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup light rum
- Crushed ice
- Club soda
- In a small bowl, muddle blackberries and set aside.
- Place mint leaves in bottom of glasses. Spoon blackberry mixture on top.
- Add rum, sugar, and lime juice and stir to combine. Top with crushed ice.
- Add club soda and garnish with mint leaves and blackberries.
- White Peach Sangria: Ahh, sangria. This sweet and sassy drink has no shortage of renditions, but we prefer one that incorporates juicy local peaches from the FRESHFARM Capitol Riverfront Market.
- 1 bottle dry white wine
- 3/4 cup peach flavored vodka
- 6 tablespoons frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 pound white peaches, pitted and sliced
- 3/4 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 3/4 cup seedless green grapes, halved
- In a large pitcher, combine dry white wine, peach vodka, lemonade concentrate, and sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Add sliced peaches, red, and green grapes.
- Refrigerate sangria until chilled (2 hours, or overnight to blend flavors).
- Serve over ice.
- Rooftop Lemonade: Because we couldn’t resist including a drink with “rooftop” in the name. This simple but tasty cocktail is a summertime staple and oh-so-easy to make.
- 2 oz. vodka
- 3 oz. fresh squeezed lemonade
- Cucumber slices
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- Combine vodka, lemonade, and cucumber slices. Shake well.
- Pour into Collins glass and garnish with lemon wedges.